ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Thursday, June 12

more bronze pieces (before the petina)


I have since put petina's on these pieces. (pictures to come after summer) . Excuse the bad photography I tooke these pictures in a hurry with a mediocre camera that I borrowed so the larger pictures seem very out of focus. These are some of my favorite pieces I made all semester. The piece with the legs is the 3D printed object that I dipped in wax, put in investment, burned out, and caste in bronze. Although it is not as detailed as I would have liked while making the piece I am very glad that I have gotten a chance to learn how to make something that was once in a computer out of bronze. Next year I will work to better my skills. Also on figuring what I will do with the objects I am making, because although the two that I didnt print have a cohessive voice I still havent solved the question of how to properly show them.








No comments: