ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Monday, May 11

process shot of the piece I just finished


this Is the beginning of a metal figure I just recently finished it is about 7 ft 5 in. tall. It is made up of steel pieces that have been outside and weathered. The rusted nature of these pieces lends itself to represent the mood I was going for; which i will describe in further detail with the final picture of the piece. I stick welded the base for my piece and the rest of the figure is MIG welded.

No comments: