ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Tuesday, August 4

GHETTO FAB(rication)!











z




This is an idea I have had for a while. FURRY NAILS! Just the thought of girls brushing their nails gives me chills. I don't really know why I wanted to make them. I have always liked to be girlie and dress up; but I have also had this odd felling that I am in costume when I do. When putting on dress, makeup, jewelery, and high heels i can't help but feel as though I am putting on a show. Sometimes I even get into character because it makes me feel super feminine like a sexy vixen. I really just feel like it is another facet of my personality. Although I sometimes get annoyed by girlie things because it gets harder and harder the more i sculpt to wear all the stupid things i used to once spend obnoxious amounts of time putting on (like nail polish which can ruin a drawing when it rubs off on the paper). So this idea stands as an ode to the ridiculousness of acrylic nails as pertaining to my art life. I love my creation. It is all at once gross and beautiful, like childbirth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm. Hawt. A little scary, but definitely hawt. Those could make u millions if the hood chicks catch wind of them. Get on that.