ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Thursday, August 13

happy colors

This Necklace has a very summery
elegant look; which would be good to
wear with a cute summery dress.I actually have the perfect dress for this but I will refrain from describing its utter cuteness. (it's ruffly...FUN!) The blue stones are aquamarines that have been faceted. The gold beads are corrugated spacers and the yellow
beads are seed beads much like those
seen in Native American bead work.










This neon burst of color is made with
Flourescent infused clear seed beads and smaller white seed beads used as spacers. The hanging ball of beads is made by coiling strings of beads around a larger bead until it is covered. I really wanted to experiment with these beads because they are pretty outrageious looking. I didn't want to take away from the cool colors but at the same time I had no interest in making something boring. This look is interesting and at the same time not overbearing.

I would wear this with something simple like a white tank top and blue jeans.





No comments: