ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Saturday, August 22

WELL!

I really cannot wait to get back into the metal shop. I left myself things to finish from last semester. I like to start the year off with things to work on. I also would like to do something with my glass flower. I would like to add some metal to it. I have an idea based on a really easy way of making stained glass that i learned. I am excited to experiment. All summer I have been sketching and trying to make things, but they havent quite measured up to anything more than interesting bits and pieces. Lately these bits and pieces have been coming together. I guess the thought of getting back into the studio is making me excited. I should probably take more pictures because I am not taking any of this stuff with me.

No comments: