ACTION, MOVEMENT, COLOR, EMOTION.. check it out! I love to work with metal and have been learning how to use many other sculptural materials. I am inspired by the chaotic work of Ryan Trecartin because of all the colors and cultural hyperactivity. I also enjoy the tension in works like Bernini's David. Most of all I just enjoy making and seeing things that are beautiful in some way.

Friday, August 14

Some slightly older work


A piece I made for a performance based piece. This was made a couple of years ago. The head is caste from a plaster mold of a clay head I sculpted. The final material of the head is latex. I cut the mouth open so that I could stuff things in it. I put some needles and attached them to the string that is in the mouth. When the door of the box opens it pulls the string and all the needles would come out of the mouth which stretch the latex around the mouth and gives it a distorted look. It was way gross. I started this performance off with to box closed and had some balloons attached to the top of the piece. I filled them each with odd objects like glitter, sand, dyed water and other things that would make a mess. I got a heating gun and held it to the balloons as the exploded. It was something with the air of a puppet show. What i liked best about this one was making the actual objects for this and making a mess with the balloons.

No comments: